Belden has announced a series of product launches that promise to strengthen automation and security, support fast and clean installation, and maximize square footage to reduce total cost of ownership.
Data orchestration & management
- •Belden macmon NAC network-access control tracks, which devices are connected to a network—and where to find them—and supports guest and employee device management. All network devices can easily be identified, monitored and protected with this centralized security authority that protects networks against intrusion from unauthorized devices, notes Belden.
- •Hirschmann OpEdge-8D industrial-edge gateway devices leverage the latest technologies to unite IT and OT data and optimize edge computing. The devices help industrial sites transform operational information into actionable insights that improve efficiency, maximize uptime and drive continuous process improvement, per their maker.
- •ProSoft Technology Universal QuickServer two-port building automation gateways enable users to connect automation-driven networks with industrial-control networks for improved management and control. The gateways can support 250, 500, or 1,000 points of application data.
Data acquisition & transmission
- •Belden DataTuff fiber-optic renewable-grade cables promise a robust, industrial-grade design to withstand renewable-energy applications. Gel-free constructions are available, and the cables can be direct-buried to reduce costs.
- •Belden FiberExpress ECX single cassette holders are durable metal fiber-patch panels that hold one ECX fiber cassette to host fiber connections in small, tight spaces and reduce the network’s footprint. An extension of the ECX product family, this cost-effective solution can be mounted on a wall or DIN Rail for installation in nearly any indoor environment.
- •Belden Gel-Free fiber-optic cables speed up installation time, support a cleaner installation and reduce implementation costs with a compact, rugged design that delivers reliable, robust connectivity.
- •Belden RemoteIP cables offer an IEEE-standards approach to solving real-world problems in applications where category cabling falls short, per Belden. They supply data and power to remote IP devices up to 215 m away, reducing costs and maximizing square footage by eliminating the need for new telecommunications rooms or costly media converters and extenders.
- •Lumberg Automation M8/M12 field-attachable connectors with IDC termination are compact, ruggedized and easy to install featuring quick termination. Their performance and reliability ensure dependable visibility and control to reduce maintenance costs, boost safety, improve efficiency and decrease downtime in consumer packaged goods, automotive, and machine building applications.