HACK NYC 2018 promises attendees the opportunity to be part of defining solutions to risks aimed at critical national infrastructure. More than 40 professionals will speak on critical infrastructure cybersecurity, reliability and safety. Attendees can join hands-on workshops on SCADA and IoT, then mingle during a rooftop networking party.
“This event is about sharing big ideas on how we will fortify our daily life and economic vitality,” say organizers. “The threat of attack aimed at Critical National Infrastructure is real as services supporting our communities and businesses face common vulnerabilities and an unspoken kinetic threat. “
Content in support of The NIST Cyber Security Framework is aligned to five functional areas;
- Identify "Develop the organizational understanding to manage cybersecurity risk to systems, assets, data, and capabilities."
- Protect "Develop and implement the appropriate safeguards to ensure delivery of critical infrastructure services."
- Detect "Develop and implement the appropriate activities to identify the occurrence of a cybersecurity event."
- Respond “Develop and implement the appropriate activities to take action regarding a detected cybersecurity event."
- Recover "Develop and implement the appropriate activities to maintain plans for resilience and to restore any capabilities or services that were impaired due to a cybersecurity event."