Opto 22 announced the availability of the groov EPIC Learning Center, a comprehensive hardware and software benchtop system for learning and development. This fully operational package lets engineers, technicians and developers initialize, configure and program the control, visualization and communication aspects of their groov EPIC systems, according to its maker.
The Learning Center is a companion for Opto 22’s free online self-guidedgroov EPIC learning modules; it includes two seats for premium on-site training at company headquarters in Temecula, California.
Hardware in the Learning Center includes a groov EPIC processor, power supply, four-position chassis, DC input and output modules, a temperature-input module and an analog-input module. Hardware is assembled on a desktop-operator load panel accessorized with two illuminated pushbuttons, a potentiometer, a temperature probe, a Sonalert alarm and a red/blue/green LED indicator.
The groov EPIC processor is supplied pre-loaded with software packages including:
- groov Manage—to configure, commission and troubleshoot the processor
- PAC Control Engine—a real-time control engine to run flowchart-based control programs
- CODESYS Runtime Engine—a real-time control engine to run IEC-61131-3 compatible control programs
- groov View—to build and view mobile and browser-based operator interfaces
- Ignition Edge—from Inductive Automation, provides drivers to PLCs
- MQTT with Sparkplug—a secure, bi-directional, lightweight publish/subscribe protocol
- Node-RED—an open-source, multi-platform IIoT tool to connect databases, cloud apps and APIs
- SSH—Secure Shell access to download and run your custom application written in languages like Python, C/C++ and others
Furthermore, engineers can download other free software packages to perform development and testing.
- PAC Control—a flowchart-based industrial-automation programming tool
- PAC Display—to build HMI operator interfaces for Microsoft Windows-based computers
- CODESYS Development System—a software platform for factory automation
- IEC-61131-3 support
- Opto 22 Library Package for CODESYS—a library package to add to the CODESYS Development System